Volunteers are a vital part of our mission to promote the safety and self-sufficiency of individuals and families affected by domestic violence in Middlesex County, New Jersey. There are many ways to get involved, depending on your interests, skill-set, and available time. We welcome you and your group to Women Aware for a tour to learn more about partnering. To arrange a tour, please contact Katie Mayfield, Director of Development and Outreach by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 732-258-0415.
- Register run or walk in our 2018 Moving Beyond Abuse Charity Race.
- Host a local fundraiser at your school, church/temple/mosque, or in your community to raise awareness and funds for Women Aware
- Support Women Aware by creating a restaurant fundraiser through GroupRaise
- Collect gift cards for clients to shop on their own for their needs.
- Participate in our Purple Purse Campaign for Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October
- Gift Wrap at local stores on behalf of Women Aware and donate the proceeds during the year-end holidays.
- Our legal advocacy program helps survivors access protections afforded to them by the law. Women Aware seeks pro-bono legal experts to support our program by providing:
- Free 30-minute private consultations with survivors on family law issues
- Pro-bono representation for orders of protection
- Free training seminars for survivors on legal topics such as child custody, divorce, relocation, immigration, child support, and more; workshops will be scheduled by Women Aware and led by the volunteer attorney
- If you are interested or would like more information about this volunteer opportunity, please contact our Coordinator of Advocacy Services, Mildred Torres, at email@example.com or 732-258-0412.
The following activities involve working directly with our clients. Please read the position description before applying in order to make sure the role is a good fit for you.