Volunteers are a vital part of our mission to promote the safety and self-sufficiency of individuals and families affected by domestic violence in Middlesex County. There are many ways to get involved, depending on your interests, skill-set, and available time. For questions please contact Katie Mayfield, Director of Development and Outreach, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 732-258-0415.
These volunteer activities do not require experience or an application. Thank you for supporting us!
- Host a local fundraiser at your school, church/temple/mosque, or in your community to raise awareness and funds for Women Aware.
- Host a restaurant fundraiser to benefit Women Aware through GroupRaise.
- Donate gift cards to help clients shop for their own needs at places like Shop Rite, Walmart, Target, and Amazon.
- Women Aware seeks pro-bono legal experts to support our Legal Advocacy program by providing:
- Free 30-minute private consultations with survivors on family law issues
- Pro-bono representation for orders of protection
- Free training seminars for survivors on legal topics such as child custody, divorce, relocation, immigration, child support, and more; workshops will be scheduled by Women Aware and led by the volunteer attorney
- If you are interested or would like more information about this volunteer opportunity, please contact our Coordinator of Advocacy Services, Mildred Torres, at email@example.com or 732-258-0412.
- See “Volunteer Positions” below for the limited volunteer opportunities we have to work directly with clients. They require 40-hours of Domestic Violence training and a full application to be submitted below.
The following activities involve working directly with our clients and require you to fill out the application form below. Please read the position descriptions below before applying in order to make sure the role is a good fit for you.