Volunteers are a vital part of our mission to promote the safety and self-sufficiency of individuals and families affected by domestic violence in Middlesex County, New Jersey. There are many ways to get involved, depending on your interests, skill-set, and available time. We welcome you and your group to Women Aware for a tour to learn more about partnering. To arrange a tour, please contact Katie Orlemanski, Development Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 732-258-0415.
- Host a local fundraiser at your school, church/temple/mosque, or in your community to raise awareness and funds for Women Aware
- Have a “shower” for the shelter—purchase or collect new linens, towels, bedding, cleaning and household supplies
- “Adopt a Family”—assist a mother and her children who are moving out of our Shelter by providing dinner service (4 plates, utensils, etc.)
- Host a “Baby Shower” to collect baby items (diapers, wipes, bottles, clothes, lotion)
- Collect gift cards for clients to shop on their own for their needs
- Assist with our annual Candlelight Vigil in October by asking local businesses to sponsor and provide in-kind donations
- Participate in our Purple Purse Crowdfunding Campaign for Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October
- Gift Wrap at local stores on behalf of Women Aware and donate the proceeds during the year-end holidays.
The following activities involve working directly with our clients. Please read the position description before applying in order to make sure the role is a good fit for you.