When Maliha was in college, her abusive ex-boyfriend walked into the mall and shot at her five times before turning the gun and killing himself. Nine years later, Maliha has overcome violent tragedy to become one of the leading advocates against domestic violence in New Jersey. Today she serves as the Director of Client Services at Women Aware doing innovative work with youth survivors. Click the link below to hear Maliha tell her own story and to learn more about her work at Women Aware.
UPDATE: Maliha’s story “From Survivor to Advocate” has been chosen as 1 OF 24 VIDEOS IN THE NATION up for a grand prize of $5,000 to support her work. Now it’s up to US to vote for Maliha!
To watch and vote for Maliha’s story:
- Click https://www.challenge.gov/challenge/domestic-violence-video-challenge/
- Click on “Solutions” in the left column.
- Scroll down towards the bottom to find Women Aware’s video (Blue House Icon)
- Before clicking on the Blue House Icon…
- There are stars underneath the Blue House
- Hover over the last star in the line of 5 stars
- Make sure all 5 stars are lit
- Click on the 5th star
- You’ve voted. Thank you!
Public voting closes November 30th. Thank you for spreading the word over social media, email, texts, and word of mouth.