Message from the Executive Director
Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Giorgina Nigro. This tragedy will not serve to break our resolve, rather it will strengthen our commitment to keep fighting the good fight.
There is hope. Every year lives are saved.
- 1 out of 8 victims who sought help in New Jersey were served by Women Aware
- 1 out of 8 children sheltered in New Jersey were protected at Women Aware’s Safe House
Your support changes lives. Behind these numbers are real people with dreams, children, and unique stories. Our families found hope when they found you… You will find peace as you work for justice.
Simply put: Love wins.
Thank you for your commitment to move families beyond abuse.
- “She was wonderful. She was a breath of fresh air. She was sweet. Anyone who knew her would say that…” http://mycj.co/1DqR2TB
- Giorgina Nigro allegedly killed while sleeping by ex-husband. “She was the best at what she did. She was a bright woman…” http://mycj.co/1gRXOYd
- Funeral services for Giorgina Nigro are being scheduled. Family members have been asked to wear purple, the color representing the courage, survival, honor and dedication to ending domestic violence. http://mycj.co/1h2MAjD
- “A lot of people loved her. She was a great person. She wanted to help everybody.” http://mycj.co/1SjSspz